For Credit and Check Cards
Credit Card, Check Card/PIN Safety
· Report a lost or stolen card immediately.
· Sign the back of your card.
· Memorize your PIN
· Always review your account statement for suspicious activity.
VISA® Zero Liability
· Available on consumer Visa Cards only.
· Defense against unauthorized use of your Visa Card. Zero Liability offers you complete liability protection if any fraudulent activity occurs on your VISA card.
· Zero Liability covers all credit and debit transactions processed over the Visa Network online or off. The only transactions not covered are commercial card, ATM or non Visa branded PIN transactions.
· Promptly contact the bank if you suspect any unauthorized transactions.
· For additional information on Visa’s Zero Liability Program visit their web site at www.visa.com.
Protection at the ATM
· Have your card ready for the transaction. Do not stop and count the cash while standing at the ATM. If you are at a drive-up ATM, make sure to roll up your window before counting the cash.
· Be conscious of the ATM surroundings. If the ATM is not properly lit or in an obscure area, consider finding another ATM.
· Make sure to take your receipt once your transaction is complete.
· If your ATM access card is lost or stolen, contact the bank immediately.
· Always guard your PIN.
Safety through the mail and over the phone
· Be careful of any solicitation that sounds too good to be true.
· Ask a lot of questions. If you don’t receive many answers, chances are it is not a legitimate business.
· Never give out your account number over the phone unless you have initiated the call.
· Notify the Post Office of any change in address.
· Check your mail daily. If you feel there is a decrease in mail delivery, contact the Post Office immediately.
· Consider mailing outgoing bill payments from a United States Post Office mailbox versus your own personal mailbox.
As a rule, CoreFirst Bank & Trust would never ask for personal information through an un-solicited email. Please call us immediately if you receive any questionable solicitations.