Because of regulatory requirements issued in 2010, CoreFirst Bank & Trust requires that you give us consent to authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM and everyday debit card transactions and to assess a fee. Deciding to opt-in for these services is an important decision. The following information will
aid in making an informed financial decision.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdraft in two different ways.
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
• What are standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not
authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee
that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not
authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
• What fees will be charged if CoreFirst Bank & Trust pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
• What if I want CoreFirst Bank & trust to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
- We will charge you a fee up to $29 each time we pay an overdraft
- We will not charge you a fee if your account is overdrawn less than $10.00 on any given day
- The maximum limit of total overdraft or return fees per business day is $174.00
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts for which an Overdraft fee will be assessed on ATM and everyday debit card transactions you may do so by one of the following methods:
You can revoke your authorization for CoreFirst Bank & Trust to pay these overdrafts at any time by any of the above methods or by writing us at 3035 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, KS 66611. Your revocation must include both your name and your account number so that we can properly identify your account.
- Call (785)267-8900 or 1-800-280-0123
- Complete and submit the form below