For Credit and Debit Cards
Credit Card, Debit Card/PIN Safety
· Report a lost or stolen card immediately.
· Sign the back of your card.
· Memorize your personal identification number (PIN) and never keep your PIN with your card.
· Always review your account statement for suspicious activity.
VISA® Zero Liability
· Available on consumer Visa Cards only.
· Defense against unauthorized use of your Visa Card. Zero Liability offers you complete liability protection if any fraudulent activity occurs on your VISA card.
· Zero Liability covers all credit and debit transactions processed over the Visa Network online or off. The only transactions not covered are commercial card, ATM or non-Visa branded PIN transactions.
· For additional information on Visa’s Zero Liability Program, visit their website at www.visa.com.
Protection at the ATM
· Have your card ready for the transaction. Do not stop and count the cash while standing at the ATM. If you are at a drive-up ATM, make sure to roll up your window before counting the cash.
· Be conscious of the ATM surroundings. If the ATM is not properly lit or in an obscure area, consider finding another ATM.
· Make sure to take your receipt once your transaction is complete.
· If your ATM access card is lost or stolen, contact the bank immediately.
· Always guard your PIN.
Safety through the mail and over the phone
· Be careful of any solicitation that sounds too good to be true.
· Ask a lot of questions. If you don’t receive many answers, chances are it is not a legitimate business.
· Never give out your account number over the phone unless you have initiated the call.
· Notify the Post Office of any change in address.
· Check your mail daily. If you feel there is a decrease in mail delivery, contact the Post Office immediately.
· Consider mailing outgoing bill payments from a United States Post Office mailbox versus your own personal mailbox.
As a rule, CoreFirst Bank & Trust will never ask for personal information through an unsolicited email. Please call us immediately if you receive any questionable solicitations.