Try These Fun Activities for Valentine’s Day on a Budget
If you’ve been dreading the cost of buying expensive flowers, gourmet chocolates, or a fancy dinner this Valentine’s Day... you’re not the only one!
Luckily, it doesn’t take a load of cash to let someone know we care. Keep your budget intact this year with one of these ideas for an inexpensive – but special – Valentine’s Day:
- Test out your cooking skills. Skip the extravagant restaurant meal and break out the pots and pans instead. This is the perfect time to try out that new recipe you’ve had your eye on - or maybe just revisit an old favorite.
Light a few candles and hang up some homemade decorations to make your dinner that much more special!
- Write a meaningful card or letter. Dust off that old writing desk and WOW someone with a handwritten card or letter. Whether it’s a just short note or a lengthy letter detailing all the things you love about them, they’ll appreciate knowing how much you care!
- Make your own flower display. We’re all familiar with that surge in flower prices right around Valentine’s Day. But with a little bit of creativity, you can turn some supermarket flowers and foliage from your yard into a beautiful bouquet! Finish it off with a unique vase from a local thrift shop or antique store.
- Spend time together outdoors. If the weather allows, spend some time outside! There are so many great ways to make the most of quality time together without spending a dime – like taking a walk, sharing a picnic in the park with food you already have at home, or spending the evening looking at the stars.
- Reminisce with some old photos. Take a trip down memory lane by creating a photo book with shots of your favorite memories together. You could even void the cost of printing photos by opting for a digital photo album instead!