Shopping for a new car can feel overwhelming. If you’re feeling stressed about how to get the best deal on the most reliable vehicle, you’re not alone.
With a little research and preparation, you can feel confident behind the wheel of your newest purchase! Follow these tips to take the stress out of car shopping:
- Get pre-approved for an auto loan. Know exactly how much you can spend by getting pre-approved for an auto loan before you start shopping. This will also eliminate the stress of having to negotiate both the terms of your loan AND the purchase price at the dealership.
Get pre-approved quickly at CoreFirst Bank & Trust! CoreFirst offers an easy online Auto Loan application, competitive rates, and terms to meet your needs. Click here to apply today.
- Consider whether you want an extended warranty. Opting for an extended warranty can be helpful in certain situations, but may not be necessary. Do some research on your vehicle’s reliability and make a decision on the warranty before you visit the dealership.
- Research your current vehicle’s trade in value. If you decide to trade in your current vehicle, make sure you’re getting a fair value. Keep your options open - selling your car independently to another buyer may get you more money.
- Skip the extras. Your salesperson will most likely try to sell you on all sorts of extras, like fabric protectant or paint sealer. Decline! You can get any upgrades you want later, at a better price.
- Be prepared to walk away. At the end of the day, the dealership needs your sale more than you need the vehicle. If you don’t think you’re getting the right price, don’t be afraid to walk away! They may follow up with a better offer.