If you aspire to become a millionaire, you’ll want to put a significant portion of your annual income into a retirement account, investment, or other savings account. But for those on a strict budget, saving that much can be tough.
The solution is easier said than done: find a way to make more money! Try out a few money-making ideas to help you achieve millionaire status sooner:
- Ask for a pay increase. If you feel like you’re due for a raise, there’s no harm in sitting down with your supervisor to explain why you feel you deserve a pay increase. When asking, be sure to be prepared with the salary you want and examples of the work you’ve done that justifies a raise.
- Drive for a food delivery or ride share company. Delivering food or giving rides for a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft are easy ways to make some extra cash, on your time. All you need is a reliable car and a good driving record.
- Get certified in a new skill. Many companies will offer more pay for employees with special certifications or skills. Take some classes online or ask your employer about a training program that will give you an edge - and move you up the pay scale.
- Turn your hobby into a source of income on the side. Are you passionate about photography? Are you a whiz with your knitting needles? Turn your hobbies into side jobs to earn an extra buck during your down time.
- Hold regular garage sales or sell your used items online. Go through your closets and attic and get rid of what you don’t need. Selling gently-used items is a great way to make some money and declutter at the same time.